I’ve always found oats a bit boring, maybe because it was our daily breakfast during my high school years. I enjoyed my oats with little bit of brown sugar and butter, but nowadays I would rarely make myself oats. So, imagine my surprise when my friend Dylan said he’s coming over and he’ll make me the best oats for breakfast. After my first bite, I understood completely why he said it was the best. I was pleasantly surprise with the special touch he puts to his oats. Following is his recipe for oats for two people.
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup breakfast seed mix/ nut mix
- ½ cup water
- 125g raspberries
- 2tbl honey
- Put your oats and water in a pot on the stove with medium heat.
- Let it prit for 5-7 minutes till the oats have a creamy consistency.
- You can add ¼ cup of milk to make it extra creamy, and keep it on for 3 more minutes.
- Put your oats in a bowl and add the seed mix, raspberries and honey. Mix it all together.
TIP: If you’d like your raspberries to be sweeter, add them to the oats and water in the pot.
Follow these easy step to change how you feel about oats forever. It really tastes amazing and is definitely worth a try. Thank you Dylan for sharing the magic and jumping in behind the lens to take most these beautiful images.
Tag us when you try this recipe using the hashtag #SunkissedBlogSa.