Carmen’s Top 15 Makeup Tips & Tricks
Today I am going share some of my top tips & tricks of the trade – From lazy girl makeup hacks to precision & perfection, there’s bound to be something that works for you.
- Check your makeup under different light. This seems obvious but you’ll be surprised how different tones look in different light.
- Use bronzer on your neck, face, and chest to even out your skin tone instead of mass amounts of foundation.
- To avoid makeup from looking cakey, use setting spray. It will even out your makeup, giving a more natural look & feel.
- If you don’t want full coverage foundation every day, mix it with your moisturiser for a lighter/thinner feel.
- Add your blush or highlighter before you apply your foundation for a glow that looks like it’s coming from beneath the skin. This is great for those who don’t like heavy makeup.
- When you are in a hurry, use a lipstick/lipstick stain to colour your lips and cheeks for instant colour. You can even dab a bit of colour on your lids.
- Get rid of redness from pimples by using eye drops. Eye drops contain an ingredient that constricts the blood vessels in your eyes, making the redness disappear. The same applies to pimples. (Only use on specific area)
- Use concealer to correct lipstick or wing liner mistakes. It acts as your eraser for super clean, solid lines.
- If you want fuller brows without the hassle, spray a spoolie (or and old mascara wand) with hairspray to set your brows. Be sure to comb them upwards.
- Make your eyes look bigger by swiping mascara towards your nose instead of upwards.
- Curl your lashes faster by heating the curler with a hairdryer. The heat will set the curls better.
- To make your eye shadow colours pop, mix a little setting spray into the shade of your choice. Wetting the pigments will intensify them.
- To reduce puffy eyes, put your eye cream in the refrigerator & apply it to your lids before you do your eye makeup.
- My favourite “Wake Up!” makeup tip is to apply any liquid illuminator to the inner corners of the eye & a bit underneath swooped outwards. This will brighten the centre of the face.
- Make tired eyes pop by using a flesh-toned eyeliner in the waterline to open up the eyes & to get rid of any pinkish tones.
Keep in mind, these tips are all based on personal preference & opinions. Be sure to let us know if you’ve tried them or have some tricks of your own!